Wednesday, June 24, 2009

MY MOD HISTORY – PART 1

DEADLOCK, mod for Making History Gold

With all these “Never Finished Projects”, you may think I can’t accomplish anything. I will dedicate the next post to my game modifications (mods).

Deadlock is my current project. It's a mod for the game Making History Gold. Let me tell you a little about MH.

At the first look, MH is not exactly attractive. The presentation is simple, the graphics are outdated, but if you like war games, there is a great possibility you will be hooked by this one. I use to test every single game I have opportunity to get my hands on, from the blockbusters to the indie stuff and no video game made me stand in front of the computer more time than Making History.

For short, the game is based on WW2, and you command one country through the history events. Any country. Depending on your influence, the history can be change (Germany can win the war, USA can be obliterated or even Haiti can become a world power).

A cool feature of the game is the support for “scenarios”. Players can actually make their own version of the war and upload it in the game’s site.
I downloaded, played and enjoyed the custom scenarios but… why keeping the game in WW2? Why not changing the game deeper? So I decided to make not a scenario, but a mod, Deadlock: a WW1 conversion for Making History.

Main Features:

- All countries of the WW1 era, including their flags, art set, politic map, armies and foreign relations.
- New units, including Assault Infantry, Lancers, WW1 tanks, WW1 planes, Airships, Seaplane Tenders and Torpedo Boats. New 3d models.
- Units’ stats, economy and provinces adapted for WW1. More than 30 new cities.
- New technology tree.
- Important events of the WW1, like Russian Revolution, Arab Revolt, Irish Easter Rising and Finnish Civil War.

Some images comparing the original game (WW2) and the mod (WW1):

Game lobby for France


Map of Europe


Fighter researches


Tank researches


You can follow the mod progress in these links:
Making History HQ - More than 5,000 downloads!
Mod DB

No comments: