Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Project: MWO CHESS

I’m a fan of the Battletech universe for almost 2 decades and I was waiting for another Mechwarrior title for 10 years. Now there is a MW video game being developed (called Mechwarrior Online) and I became very engaged with the MWO Community.

It turns out that I decided to make a board game to emulate the experience of playing MWO (which is in Closed Beta right now). I give you:
All art of the game is based on elements from the MWO site and the rules are made for fast and furious games, with similar mechanics of MWO. The units (mechs) and factions are the same you can find in the video game, completing the experience.

I’m posting and commenting here the updates of MWO CHESS. You can freely get there a complete PDF manual with rules, cards and miniatures to print and start playing in your chess board.

Some images:

Sample of Mech cards 
Faction cards
Sample of Mech miniatures

No comments: