Sunday, September 21, 2008

DVD REVIEW: ACROSS THE UNIVERSE



I just watched a movie called Across the Universe and it’s really a crazy experience. It’s a musical film, by the way – all constructed based on The Beatles songs.

From the excellent beginning to the more and more psychedelic scenes, the movie is a piece of visual and music delight. Although it loses its strength from the first half, becomes kind of predicable sometimes and lacks a proper ending, you need to watch it.






Pros:

- It leaves no doubt that The Beatles is the greatest band ever.
- Some interpretations are refreshing and sound even better (heresy!) than the originals (like "Hold me Tight", "I Want to Hold Your Hand", "Come Together" and "I'm the Walrus").

Cons:

- The second half is much inferior and predictable. Most of its scenes are just excuse for playing new songs.

Rate 8/10

Wow scene: “I Want You”

No comments: