Friday, September 19, 2008

NEVER FINISHED PROJECTS – Part 1

Here I will share some never finished projects of mine. 

THE MATRIX REVOLVED



Percentage done: 0%

The Matrix is one of the most influent movies of all times, with a great story, great argument, great depth, great visual effects, great action scenes… for short: great in every aspect. 

Yes, it is almost a copy of the book Neuromancer, but let me say, it’s better than the original. It’s a masterpiece and everybody knows that its genius was not followed by the sequences Matrix Reloaded and Matrix Revolutions.

The first movie is tight, with not a single frame inadequate, but the follow are spread in countless boring scenes. And I’m not telling about the lack of good action scenes (because Reloaded and Revolutions had good ones) but the lack of that intriguing plot and surprising sequence of events from the first movie.

So, I started to idealize a worth sequence for The Matrix, basically a 2 hours reunion of the best Reloaded and Revolutions have: “The Matrix Revolved”.

Well, that’s it. The project was suspended after some researching of what programs I would use for editing and some sections of the movies (to plan what to cut). After watching so many times, I just concluded whatever I did, the sequence won’t be as good as the first movie…  

No comments: