Monday, September 8, 2008

SPORE: CELL PHASE

This phase of the game reminds me a lot an old Intelevision’s game Shark! Shark! (which I played a lot). In Shark! Shark! you are a fish in the sea, eating, growing and trying not to be eaten.

As the game starts you are a weak and basic cell fallen into the planet inside a meteor. I choose a carnivorous one, so I have already a weapon.


My new home

So, I started to swim around, and eating, until I reached the first evolution step. I added some spikes to my back so I could defend against predators.

Bite this!

The spikes worked so well that in the next stage I added 2 more, in the front. Now, with some tricky maneuvers, I could kill (or at least to put on running) any menace. I also added 2 more tails for fast moving.

Intimidating cell

In my last evolution, I opened the carnivorous month in two and added a new herbivorous in the center. So I had lots of options for eating – and became omnivorous. I also added two more eyes, just for the aesthetics.

I’m the king of the pool!

For unlocking the last body part I had to kill an Epic cell. I was not easy, but after several piercings with my spikes it was done. Now finally my creation was ready to receive its legs and leave the water. I made some changes in the look, moving the spike to the end of the tail. 

The end of the Cell Phase

No comments: