Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The games of my Life (aka "My Foundation") Part 3

VEHICLE SIMULATION

- Elite (MSX version, 1988) - You can fell the depth of the space. Remarkable moment: been surrounded by the Targoids for the first time.

- Stunts (1990) - Fantastic racing game even four years later when I got the game.

- Red Baron (1990) - Another terrific game I managed to play only several years later.

- Frontier: Elite 2 (1993) - Elite improved in all ways.

- X-Wing (1993) – The magic of Star Wars space battles. I needed to play it in my friend's house, because I didn't have a PC at that time...

- Strike Commader (1993) - Great fighter simulator with simplified controls, very impressive graphics, gameplay and story.

- Tie Fighter (1994) – Better than X-Wing, even though you play with the bad guys. I felt like an badass Empire legend - and that's really good.

- Wing Commander 3 (1994) – My dad brought me from the USA, but I wasn't able to play it until I got a CD-ROM player, months later. I knew the manual by heart before even playing the game and kept the box as a biblical relic: and the game worth it all.

- Wing Commander Armada (1994) - This game was release before the Wing Commander 3, but I just got it long time after. So, the graphics wheren't exaclty impressive, but the multiplayer feature was awesome.

- Descent (1995) - Another great ship combat simulator.

- Mechwarrior 2 (1995) – Initiated me to the Battletech universe. It was really exciting to customize and pilot those big machines, and been part of the coolest story events. And yes, I became khan in both campaigns in the harder difficulty.

- Mechwarrior 2 Mercenaries (1996) – Now you don't fight for honor, as in MW2, but for money! To manage the mercenary company through the most important events of the Inner Sphere was an amazing experience. Activision, do a remake!

- Freelancer (1999) – This game was so well made and so good that I wonder why there isn't a sequel. I never played a decent space simulator after this one. By the way, the graphics where breath taking.

No comments: