Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Most disappointing games

- Quake 3 Arena – A good game, if you are a bot. 

- Quake Wars: Enemy Territory – Like Quake 3 Arena, this game has no soul! I played once and uninstalled it.

- Counter Strike Source – I was hoping the game would be improved, adding more (and best picked) weapons, iron sights, more equipment, more complexity. But the game is only an updated copy of the old Counter Strike. Sequels need evolution, Valve.

- Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy – the worst adaptation from a console game to PC I ever saw. Basically, the people who converted it never played a PC game and hate PC gamers. First, I tried to decently control my character. Failed! Then I tried to change the controls for something useful. Failed. Then I shot some guy by mistake. Shit! Then I tried to quit the game. Failed! Help! I really couldn’t quit the game! Oh my god, I had to use Ctrl+Alt+Del.

- Age of Empires III – Don’t get me wrong, the game is gorgeous in all senses, and the Colony system is very clever. But there is something missing. There must be something wrong when you continue to play the previous game after a sequel.

- Medal of Honor Airborne – Beautiful game, but a great disappointment. If EA Games just leeched the gameplay from Call of Duty, it would be great, but instead, they made a combat game that you don’t get any pleasure in combat. Not to mention the too many effects in the players view that make me dizzy. Played 10 minutes, died, played more 5 minutes, died, quitted, uninstalled.

- Mechwarrior 3 and Mechwarrior 4 – Mechwarrior 3 have updated with merit the combat system (it was very fun in multiplayer), but simply trashed the universe background. Mechwarrior 4 was made by people who don’t like Battletech at all.

No comments: